Labor Day Weekend Treasures

My much-needed three day weekend came just in time.

The beginning of each school year is exhausting.  Every September, once I've caught up on sleep, I'm still in need of some personal b-a-l-a-n-c-e.  Driving to nearish antique malls and wandering up and down their vendors' spaces yanks my thoughts from my classroom, taking my brain and energy on a creative ride.

Today's ingredients:

Drink: iced tea, half sweet, half unsweetened
Shops:  Parkville Antique Mall and La Bottega
Music:  my "wake up" mix, with some Kings of Leon, Walk the Moon, Noah and the Whale, and Robert Palmer

Some treasures came home with me.




Black floral tole trays are a favorite of mine, but this one is more square than rectangular, and a size I've not seen before.  Will it remain in my crafty nook, or find a home elsewhere upstairs?


Black and silver eyelash yarn is a must for Halloween and winter holiday crafting.  That reminds me- I need to check on Sarah and see if she's hosting her annual Halloween Ornament Swap!


Four matched doilies, shaped like pennants.  These could be a base for a lovely bunting.


Four packs of ivory floral lace medallions.  Takes me back to my Gunne Sax days.


Lace remnants.


... and a sweet little book.

Other than the tray and black yarn, everything else is pretty muted... neutral.

Restful.


Comments

Popular Posts