Sunday, June 4, 2017

Let's Talk About the Elephant...


... in the middle of my greenhouse.


Isn't he handsome?


He's wooden, and just the right size to bring me and my new green-thumb endeavor ~good luck.~

He greets me each morning, and provides twenty-four hour company to shelves, pots, buckets of soil, plant starts, watering cans, and even a Christmas tree.

Yes, an elephant and a Christmas tree CAN coexist in a greenhouse.



I asked Dear Husband to cut some gutters into gradually longer lengths so they could be arranged like so:




I even found a star for the tippy top:



I'm going to attempt to transplant strawberries from outdoor beds to the gutters to see if they'll take.  Strawberries would be beautiful ornaments, don't you think?

I added some other personal touches to this dream she-shed of mine:




... and even Buck came out to explore:




I hope to grow many more plants and edibles for my family in the years to come, and I'm certain other colorful characters and fun decorative elements will eventually find a home in the greenhouse too.

Here's what it looked like near completion:





Thank you, Dear Husband!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci, gracias, danke for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment or question: