Merry Christmas, Merry Mommy

Good morning, and Merry Christmas!

Just a quick check-in to let you have a peek at one of the gifts I made this year.

It's a copy of one of my favorite photographs of my mother.


That's right, that adorable little girl is my mom!  The picture was taken on a couch inside the log cabin that my grandparents built.  The photo was featured on their own holiday card years ago, but I was inspired to reprint it, add some festive touches, and then frame and solder it to make ornaments for me, my mother, and my sister.

When I was a child, my mother "made" Christmas for us, baking, decorating, playing music, taking us to see the lights and mall displays, having us decorate cookies, teaching us about gift-giving, and of course, making sure we saw The Nutcracker.  Those traditions continue today in our own homes, along with a few more that my husband and I hope our children will carry into the future as they grow and build families of their own.

Thank you, Mom.

Merry Christmas, Merry Mommy.

*****

Comments

Popular Posts