Crocheted Cowl

I've been crocheting since I was a young girl, and have enjoyed making afghans and scarves for years.  Adding new crochet inspiration to my Pinterest board, Colorful Crochet, I stumbled across multiple links to easy patterns for cowls.

The weather here in Oz has been up and d-d-d-d-down (don't mind my teeth chattering) this January, so a cowl seemed like the ideal afternoon project.  Several hours later, I was finished and pleased with the result:

 photo cowl_zpse39fd55d.jpg


Yet another chilly day at work provided the perfect opportunity to wear it:

 photo 20140121_065238-1_zpsc1fe6b54.jpg

Large enough to go over my hair and face without mussing, with a single twist in the front for a pretty drape... score!  I'm thinking of crocheting flowers that I can pin onto it for fun.

But why stop at just one?


That's right: now I have a pretty pastel pink cowl to help keep me warm whenever the temperature drops again!

*****

Do you create and wear your own clothing and accessories?  What's your favorite piece?


Comments

Popular Posts