My Best Handmade: 2010

Laurie sent me an invitation asking me to participate in this year's crafty reflection on all things handmade for 2010, and I am thrilled to be sharing the linky love!

Though this blog is the newer of the two I post, it's now the home for all of my present and future crafty endeavors.  By day (and school year) I live amongst the general population as a mild-mannered kindergarten teacher, but by night (and weekends and school vacations) I indulge my need to play with paper in my crafty nook and have even taken the ultimate crafty plunge, creating a shop on Etsy.  

2010 saw me happily crafting in the first of my crafty nooks, making bunting, paper art for window charms, and prize ribbon gift tags:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, in mid-July, Mother Nature decided to throw a monkey wrench into our lives while my husband was deployed overseas, causing a flash flood which successfully destroyed most of my paper, crafts, and our furniture and belongings stored downstairs.

Thanks to the help, support, and assistance from friends, family, neighbors and even strangers, our family relocated and has happily recovered from the summer setback.  Friends and fellow crafters donated and gifted paper and other crafty supplies so that I could create "crafty nook 2.0" in our new home, and I've been back to my regularly scheduled (NEEDED) crafty rituals for several months now.  I'm grateful and proud of the crafty recovery, and know it will carry on into the new year!

Of which craft have I been most proud and pleased in 2010?  That would have to be my recent foray into altering adopted ancestors for art!  I've loved scouring antique malls and vintage stores looking for friendly characters:



I'm excited for the next round of papercrafting.... valentines and romantically themed altered art... and for all of the new crafty discoveries and creations that friends, family, blogging compatriots and amazing artisans will inspire me with in 2011!

Comments

  1. Oh, what a pretty post! I love your new blog. This year, I truly admired your swift recovery from the flood with minimal whining. You are a powerhouse and I think your ancestors are adorable! Thank you for playing along with my party!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Merci, gracias, danke for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment or question:

Popular Posts