Coming Up Roses

Roses... on another snow day?

Yes, if they're crocheted.

With this winter's colder weather, I've been crocheting single-twist cowls like crazy.  Cozy, colorful and warm-enough-but-not-too-much-so (my body apparently believes it needs to practice hot flashes now), I love layering them over blouses, tunics, and light jackets, and bundling up in them under my winter coat.  I guess that means cowls are both ~cool~ and warm, right?





Adding simple pin backs to the roses means the lovely *~pops~* of color can go anywhere: a scarf, cowl, collar, lapel, purse, headband...

How cheerful and lovely these would be if several were worn at once.

I explored a collection of crochet flower patterns at Skip to My Lou.  Check it out, and let me know which pattern you're going to try.

Here are three roses crocheted with the same yarn but different sized hooks.  Left to right:  N hook, I hook, and E hook.


Lovely, lovely, lovely.

I feel another project coming on!


Comments

Popular Posts