Monday, February 18, 2013

Order from Chaos: Scrap Paper Clean Up

I use a lot of paper punches when I'm playing downstairs in the crafty nook.  Depending on the project, I'll punch out a green glittered tree from cardstock here, some pink watercolor hearts for bunting there...

I always put my paper back into whatever drawer it came from, but over time the scraps become a bit unruly, bunching up when I open and close the drawer, tearing or creating non-helpful creases across prints and patterns that look much nicer ~without~ the folds.

The three day weekend gave me extra time to solve this problem, using my trusty papercutter, a clear shoebox, and some old drawer dividers:



I trimmed each page, and sorted into ROY G BIV (ish) piles.  After separating each pattern with a divider, voila: I now have manageable scraps for future projects.




What an improvement!

How do you keep your fabric, paper, and embellishment scraps in order?

M.



2 comments:

  1. Michaele,

    Thank you for stopping by to visit & comment on our new workshop. It is soooooooooooo much room I'm not sure what I will do with all of it. But, I do have to share with hubby until we get the second building built to store his toys (RV, BOAT, 4 Wheeler...) So, it won't be "darling" right off the bat. But, it won't be crowded either. Hope you'll keep checking back.

    I LOVE how you organized all that paper. That does get to be an issue doesn't it. I usually put the scraps to the front of the folder of the color that it came from. I try to keep things organized by color or season. Have a great week.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete

Merci, gracias, danke for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment or question: