It's Not Always "Inspiration..."

... that makes for a productive day in the crafty nook.

Yesterday as I floated through varying states of alertness (oh thank you, allergy medication), I managed to complete most of the big chores to be found in the house, leaving today free for the crafting.

S-c-o-r-e.

A large coffee and two banana muffins later, I was downstairs flipping the lights on when I realized I had no idea what it was I wanted to make.  No clue what I'd like to work on.  Couldn't fathom what project might take me for a creative ride.  For the life of me, I was unable to find someplace to start.

I hate that.

So I plugged in the glue gun, turned on some music, shredded some junk mail and flipped through a crafty magazine.  

Pulled out some fabric.

Refolded it and stacked it neatly on the shelf.

Spun a wreath form around in my hands a few times.

Hung it back in the closet.

Changed the c.d.

Perused some blogs.

Pulled some pre-cut bunting pennants from a stash hidden in a dark corner of a cabinet.

Then POW: party bunting.  I need to make some party bunting.

Today it was all about finding the right trigger.



Whew.  Americana Bandanas and Blue Jeans bunting, School Days (teacher appreciation) bunting, and a perky Buttons and Blooms bunting.

How often do you draw a creative blank?




Comments

  1. Don't you hate that? It doesn't happen often, but it does happen -- and you recovered well with your cute banners!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Merci, gracias, danke for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment or question:

Popular Posts