Summer Project: Adopted Ancestors

I've mentioned before that I have a short window of opportunity each summer for immersing myself in creative pursuits.  Seeing so many art journals that feature altered vintage photographs, I've decided to put some of my collection of adopted ancestors to use once school is out.



This gentleman is The Husband.  He happens to have moonlighted as a Secret Santa before:



The beautiful lady is cast in the role of The Wife, and the child in the pram is of course, The Kid.



My sailor girl is The BFF, and the ladies in black are The Board, also known as The Hen Committee (and I suspect, The Coven).  Mr. 'Stache will be referred to as The Dandy, though now that I think about it, "Mr. 'Stache" seems to suit him just as well.

I haven't a clue what might be produced with these images.  Cards?  A sassy calendar? Ornaments?  Serious, romantic, or silly sentiments?


Comments

  1. I once did an ATC swap with Ancestors like these -- the hostess made a little "book" out of them and it is adorable to flip through! Here's a link to my blog post about it: http://indulgeyourshelf.blogspot.com/2012/05/altered-ancestors-cdv-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the book Laurie! I just can't figure out where to start with mine other than scanning them all first. I want to make Yankee Doodle Dandies out of all of the men (made Secret Santas out of a few of them already), and know that the ladies will make great BFF's, mother's in law, fairy godmothers and Halloween witches...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Merci, gracias, danke for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment or question:

Popular Posts