Simple Stamping

Before settling in for a day of relaxation, I need a cup of coffee.

Who am I kidding?  Before thinking, speaking, creating or relaxing I need caffeine.

I'm not saying I'm anti-social without my morning mug of Folgers and creamer, oh no.  Not at all.

I'm saying that

I
am
the
grumpiest
person
on
the
planet
before
my
morning
coffee.

Don't speak to me.  Don't ask me a question.  Don't create any sort of noise that will be carried by sound wave to my ears, head, brain, and psyche.  Just.  Don't.

After ten sips, I can handle a hug (but don't speak).

Fifteen sips, a quiet "good morning" is fine (don't push your luck past that).

Twenty sips, and you may ask me a simple yes or no question.  I'll respond by nodding, not speaking, by the way.

Yes.

No.

After I empty a sixteen ounce mug I won't be ready for a full blown discussion, but I am likely to exchange sincere pleasantries.

I might even smile.

Or hug you.

Or both.

*****

Mug numero dos usually accompanies me to the crafty nook, along with some cookies.


This particular variety includes oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.  Of course they're homemade.  Perfect for a not-too-sweet cup of coffee.

I found a cute little mug stamp the other day, and thought I'd do some simple stamping before catching up on blog hopping.


Using some stamps and ink that were given to me by my friend Shannon, I tore some pages out of an old book and thought about what I'd like to get accomplished today, you know, when I'm not relaxing.  A little bit of this, a little bit of that... this and that.


What are your plans for today?


Comments

Popular Posts